Apr 27, 2012

The Praying Nurse




Jayne came to work despite the nagging pain in her hip, back and neck. Nursing is her job. She loves what she does, even if the physical demands cause chronic pain.

We picked up our patient at a nursing home. She was a few days post-operative for abdominal surgery. After spending less than 24 hours at the nursing home, she developed an abscess to her abdominal wall and needed to go back to the hospital.

As we drove, I asked if I could pray with her. She said yes. I told her I just love to pray with people. I laid my hand on her shoulder and commanded inflammation, pain and spirits to flee. She was grateful I asked. We took her to her room and helped her transfer to the bed then I went looking for her nurse. It didn't take long. She actually found me.

I gave her my summary, "nothing happened on the way here."

"Great! Where do I sign?"

I handed her my clipboard and pointed to the signature box at the bottom.

Another nurse came to the desk and made a comment about her hip hurting.

"Do you want to be healed?" I asked.

"I love to be healed."

Looking at her ID badge, I saw that her name was Jayne.

"Cool. Do you mind if I pray for you?"

"Sure, that would be fine."

She came over and stood next to me, closed her eyes and put her hand out. If I didn't know better, I'd swear she'd been following me around. She knew a bit too much.

"How bad is the pain on a 1 to 10 scale?"

"It hurts pretty bad."

Okay. So on a scale from 1 to 10, how bad is it?"

I hated doing this and she felt foolish for not answering the question. Its our job to ask people to rate their pain on a scale from 1 to 10.

"It's about an 8".

Her hand was still outstretched. She was expecting me to hold it. I asked if I could put my hand on her hip, which she agreed to. I asked the Holy Spirit to bring His presence and almost immediately felt Him draw near to us. I commanded the spirit of pain to leave then inflammation and commanded the bones and connective tissue to be healed.

What do you feel?"

She moved her hips around. "Wow, it doesn't hurt any more!"

She asked me to try her lower back which also hurt. I put my hand on her back, repeated the process and asked what she felt. She bent sideways to test her back and found that the pain was gone. Smiling, she asked if I could do her neck. I placed my hand on her neck and repeated the process again.

While praying over her neck, I closed my eyes and saw a vision of her raising her arms. I asked her to raise both arms as I commanded pain to leave. When I opened my eyes I saw another nurse standing next to Jayne with one hand on her shoulder. She was praying with me.

Inside, I saw stunned. I'd never had a nurse or doctor join me when praying for someone in a hospital. I thanked her for joining us. She smiled.

I asked Jayne to check out her neck. She moved her head around and said the pain was gone. We were both amazed. I looked around and realized the other nurse had disappeared.

I spent a few minutes teaching Jayne how to keep her healing and gave her two cards to the website. One for her and one for her friend.

Jayne - if you read this, we'd love to hear from you.





No comments:

Post a Comment