Jun 23, 2009

Judging Prophecy

At times I will post prophetic words I receive that are relevant to healing. There is a warning in the bible about prophetic words: "Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good." (1 Thessalonians 5:20I 'll do my best to carefully judge what I post. You should do the same. At times I may post something that disagres with someone. Please leave feedback in this case. Ask yourself if a prophetic word seems loving or not. Does it seem self-serving? What is the attitude of the one who gave the word?
Phophecy is meant to encourage those who hear it. (1 Corinthians 14:3If a prophetic word is not encouraging in some way, we have a right to question it. Prophecy is also intended to reveal the mind of God in a matter. God doesn't speak anything contradictory to his revealed nature. If a word of prophecy doesn't line up with the word of God, it becomes suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment