Nov 26, 2012

The Radiology Lady

Stop me if you've heard this one...

As I sat in a hallway, waiting for a patient, I saw a radiology technician walk by. She had a boot on her foot. This was a special kind of boot. It's the kind you wear when you you have a broken or sprained ankle. She seemed to be in a hurry and the hallway was crowded. I though for a moment about asking her if she wanted to be healed, but I quickly dismissed it.

Ten minutes later she returned. She had a cup of coffee  in one hand. She was alone and seemed to be in no hurry. The hallway was empty. Even my partner was gone. She was ten feet past me when I said, "Hey! Do you have a minute?"

She turned around. "Sure."

I got up and as I drew near, I asked how she injured her foot. She explained that she rolled it, and had a lot of soft-tissue damage. She mentioned that there was a lot of internal bleeding and swelling. It sounded painful.

I blurted out, "Would you like to be healed?"

She smiled and replied, "Do you know how to heal?"

"Yeah. I pray with a lot of people and they get healed."

"Well, actually, I only have one more day in this thing, then it comes off."

"So how does it feel right now....is there any pain?"

"Not if I have the boot on. But when I take it off, yeah - it hurts."

"So, can I pray for you to be healed?"

She gave in. "Yeah - go ahead."

I placed my hand on her foot, commanded spirits of pain and inflammation to leave, commanded ligaments, bones, tendons, nerves, blood vessels and cartilage to be healed. (This is probably the only way to cover all the bases when you really don't know what needs to be healed.  - just go for everything.) I asked the Holy Spirit to bring His presence and asked what she felt.

She held out the hand that wasn't holding the coffee and wiggled her fingers..."It feels kinda like...."

"Tingling?" I asked.

"Yeah!"

I smiled. "That's because God is healing you."

She gave me a big smile. I took her hand.

"'...'cause God's cool like that."

She seemed really glad that I interrupted her day. She turned and walked down the hallway. The recipient of God's mercy and power. I sat down and waited.

I really hope she gets an x-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment